Tuesday, March 4, 2008

TBZ IS BACK

T-BONE is back again to talk to you about the Cincinnati Bengals. Let me start off by saying FIRE MARVIN LEWIS. He has had is chance and now it is time for a change and I am sick of him. We could get a guy like Brian Billick who knows defense and that would love nothing more than to play the team that fired him twice a year. I could be wrong about that but if it were me I would want to show them what I am capable of and get me revenge.
Free Agency
We need a big free agent signing. We need someone like a Lance Briggs (Resinged by the Bears), someone like a Jared Allen (Tagged by the Chiefs), or someone like Terrell Suggs (Tagged by the Ravens) or even someone like Alan Faneca (Signed by the Jets). If I had to choose some defensive free agents I would have to say if we loose a linebacker we need a decent one. There are a few in free agency like Rosevelt Colvin, Danny Clark, Ian Gold (A must if we loose Landon Johnson) and Jeremiah Trotter. Now I now he is old but maybe he has one year left. Dan Morgan is also a free agent and I would be willing to take a 1 or 2 year risk on him even though he hasn't been the same since his injury. There are also a few defensive free agents that I looked at like Jevon Kearse, Michael Boulware, Rod Coleman and Anthony McFarland. Jevon Kearse is already better than most of our defensive line and Rod Coleman or Anthony McFarlarland might be good in a 3-4. Michael Boulware would be a semi-solid safety and could take the place of Madieu Williams. Now for the offense and I know you are thinking that we don't need offense but our offense could always be better. I am looking at two TEs
and they are Alge Crumpler and Eric Johnson. When was the last time the Bengals had a good tight end? I HATE OUR RUNNING BACK GROUP. They are not very good and there is no quality talent in our running backs. Rudi Johnson sucks, Kenny Watson is solid, Chris Perry is injury prone, DeDe Dorsey isn't very good and Kenny Irons is untested. Julius Jones is a good running back that is a free agent and even Warrick Dunn might bring some good talent to the RB spot. Now Our offensive line. I had no idea why the Bengals Franchised Stacy Andrews until I read an article saying that many other teams wanted him. I don't know why because I see nothing special in him, well at least not yet. There are a few offensive line free agents that I like including Kwame Harris, Barry Sims, Kyle Turley and Damien Woody. Lets face is Willie Anderson is old and I don't like the way that Levi Jones is playing. There is a slim chance and I do mean slim chance that Chad gets traded so in this case we need to sign Randy Moss or Javon Walker. “Anything we don't get in free agency, we need to get in the draft” F.L
THE DRAFT
This is my favorite part of the NFL Offseason. I want to see the Bengals draft either Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston both of which are virtually unblockable. Many fans want to see Sedrick Ellis and im calling it right now Sedrick Ellis will be a draft bust. Don t get me wrong I want to be proved wrong but I just have a feeling that he isnt going to be as good as everyone thinks. Now some players I like in the later rounds include Shawn Crable, Titus Brown, Kenny Phillips, Ray Rice, Tashard Choice, Steve Slaton(Sleeper), Mike Hart, John Carlson, Lawrence Jackson, Chris Ellis, Pat Sims, Tevor Laws, Frank Okam, Xavier Adibi, Erin Henderson, Ali Highsmith, David Vobora (Sleeper), Dan Connor, Ben Moffitt, Justin King (Sleeper), Tom Zbikowski, Craig Steltz, Marcus Griffin and Corey Lynch (Sleeper). Those would be some of the players I would look at.
NFL OFFSEAON QUICKPOINTS
I like the singing of Antwan Odom he brings some talent to the Bengals defense
I don't like that the Bengals got screwed out of Shaun Rogers
I don't like that Brett Favre is Retiring
“DOES MORE MONEY MEAN MORE WINS?” V.L
I have to say yes and no. The 49ers last year singed Nate Clements, Michael Lewis and a few others and traded for WR Darrell Jackson and that didn't win as many games as the year before. The 49ers are again throwing around money like they just don't care. The Jets are also making big name additions with Alan Faneca, Kris Jenkins, Damien Woody and etc. We will have to see if they have more wins. And now for the Browns, They have added many players but I don't know if they will win more games. Dereck Anderson did not look good at the end of the season last year so it could even mean less wins for them this year.
THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BEFORE THE FOLLOWING SIGNINGS:
Alge Crumpler signed with the Titans
Damien Woody signed with the Jets
Randy Moss signed with the Patriots

No comments: